WELCOME to Liberty Christian Academy! That's our home school name and this is our blog - celebrating what we're learning and our time spent together. THIS is the good stuff - the ambrosia of life!

1.17.2011

Catching Up!....

Yikes! It's been over a week since I've posted. But Rachel, you say, you went TWO YEARS without posting before this January. Yes, I say, but I really do want to make an effort here!

So what has happened in our school? Lots!

- First off, my first little chicklet, the one that threw us into this thing called "parenting" turned 10!! Can you believe?! Well, maybe you can, but I can't! She entered this world six weeks early at a whopping 5 lbs. and is now a beautiful 10 year old. Happy Birthday, Sweet Miss "E"!

- Thursday we met with our TEACH homeschool consultant to go over our second quarter "stuff", talk about what character qualities we're working on and discuss ideas for looking at subject matter in a new way when we've seemed to hit a brick wall. Always a meeting we look forward to! I'm just trying to figure out how half the year is already done.... We're on track (sort of) with our history, math and language arts, but all those artsy projects I had planned.... (sigh)... I'll just have to cram them all into the next few months! Won't Mr. "S" be thrilled.

- Miss "E" had the opportunity to sing with Deo Cantamus on Saturday afternoon. What a thrill! She was required to memorize 6 or 7 songs (one in German, one in Italian and one in Latin), practicing on her own with a CD until their first rehearsal one week before the concert! Not knowing what to expect, she was understandably nervous. After the even, however, she repeatedly thanked us for allowing her to participate. Even after hearing that, Mr. "S" asked if he was going to have to participate once he reached the eligible age. No, we said, but I'm really hoping he'll change his mind and WANT to be a part of it. If you have a kiddo who enjoys singing, I would highly recommend looking into it. It was well worth the effort.

The sad news in all this is that our digital camera is gone. No where to be found (sniff). I hate to admit it, but I think I may have left it at Mill City museum on our last field trip. Yup. I don't think this one can be blamed on little fingers. The good news is that they are on sale at this time of year. The bad news is that I was really looking forward to getting a grain mill and, as my dear hubby says, we don't have a money tree out back. (sigh). I had people on the job taking pictures, so stay tuned! I hope to post them in the next few days along with some of those fun art projects we'll be working on.

I know you all have digital cameras - what do you have and are you happy with it?

No comments: