WELCOME to Liberty Christian Academy! That's our home school name and this is our blog - celebrating what we're learning and our time spent together. THIS is the good stuff - the ambrosia of life!

1.22.2007

Banana Bread

The following banana bread recipe has a wonderful flavor and is always moist! For those of you who have problems with the centers of your breads coming out doughy, you need to look into baking with stoneware!! Turns out every time! (I can probably help you get your hands on some great stoneware, too!)

Banana Sour Cream Bread

1/4 c. white sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon

3/4 c. butter
3 C. white sugar
3 eggs
6 ripe bananas
1/2 tsp. salt
4 1/2 c. flour (I use 1/2 white and 1/2 whole wheat)
3 tsp. baking soda
16 oz/ sour cream
2 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. Cinnamon Plus (from Pampered Chef)

Preheat oven to 300'Grease four 7x3 loaf pans. (Or makes 8 mini loaves.) Sift together 1/4 c. sugar with 1 tsp. cinnamon. Dust in pans.

Cream together butter and sugar. Mix in eggs, bananas, sour cream, vanilla and cinnamon plus. Add salt, baking soda and flour. (For a twist, stir in 1 cup walnuts, pecans, chocolate chips or flour dusted blueberries.) Pour into pans.

Bake for one hour or until toothpick comes out clean.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Recipe sounds great! I printed it out to try. Great idea putting a recipe on your site, I am going to try and do that with mine - thanks for the inspiration!