This past weekend we went down to Jeremy's parent's place to celebrate(yet another) Christmas. Don't get me wrong - I LOVE the holiday, but I'm growing weary of all the heavy foods and rich desserts! As always, though, we had a fun visit, complete with a rousing game of Boggle.
My Uncle Brian, from Alaska, surprised me with a phone call to see if the "Cal Hotel" was open for business! What a fun surprise! He was in the lower 48 for his yearly flying class (he flies missionaries and supplies in and out of the bush country and occassionally into Russia) and was getting ready to head back home. He flies out of Mpls and wondered if the new house was ready for visitors. Are we ever!? We always are! :-)
My sister and her husband came over for the evening and we all visited way into the night. I'm not how great a hostess I was in the way of meals, though! After all the turkey and stuffing we had just had for our last Christmas '06 celebrations, all I could think of was a good salad, so that's what I slid under poor Uncle Brian's nose! Sure tasted good, though!
Well, I have a bunch of pictures, but we have the old 35mm camera still, so I need to get the scanner set up again before I can ad them. I'm sure by now you're tired of hearing me ramble, so I'll be sure to get some photos up in the next week or two!
WELCOME to Liberty Christian Academy! That's our home school name and this is our blog - celebrating what we're learning and our time spent together. THIS is the good stuff - the ambrosia of life!
1.15.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment