Well, it's February, the heart of winter and we're all sick. Well, not quite all of us, but 4 of the 5. Somehow, I've managed to stay healthy - maybe it's all the Zicam (R), or the oranges I've been eating, or maybe I'm just running on adreniline. Whatever it is, I'm not sick and I'm determined to keep it that way! (As if I have a say in this, right?!)
Besides eating a lot of chicken noodle soup, scrambled eggs, oranges and toast, we've all been catching up on our reading. I finished "Stuart Little" with the kids last evening. I don't remember it ending as it does the last time I read it, but then that was a LONG time ago! It did lead to a good conversation, though, and some interesting comments about selfishness and what's really important. I've been reading "The Five Love Languages of Children" by G. Chapman and R. Campbell and started the "Charlotte Mason Companion", a book on one of the many methods of home-schooling.
We've spent enough time in our jammies, though, so today we're going to decorate for Valentine's Day and work on some LOVE-ly HEART-felt projects! If I can find the camera, I'll post pictures of what we make later... (need some good ideas? Check out the Family Fun website! Every year they have a fun project that we do for Valentine's.)
WELCOME to Liberty Christian Academy! That's our home school name and this is our blog - celebrating what we're learning and our time spent together. THIS is the good stuff - the ambrosia of life!
2.12.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
sorry your all sick. I hope you do manage to stay healthy and that they all get better real soon.
Post a Comment